Maine House Wellness Checks
As I drove around Midcoast Maine Monday, a day where nearly 12" of fresh snow fell, I realized how many seasonal properties there are. No tracks leading to the garage, a few newspapers on porches to confirm vacancy and a series of oil and propane trucks doing their best to keep the homes warm for when their owners return. We've talked about adding this service, but it never really hit home until today.
For the people that leave Maine for a portion of the year, we are here to help. Some would like regular, weekly or monthly checks, others may only need one or two per season.
We offer the following:
- Confirm all doors and windows are closed and locked
- Remove/store any newspapers or fuel receipts that have accumulated since you left
- Shovel out the main entrance to give the impression of being lived in
- Complete review of the exterior, looking for tree, pest, and wind damage.
- Detailed e-mail with findings, including photos
Interior and Exterior: Same as above, plus the following:
- Measure interior temperature of home
- Check and report fuel levels (oil, propane, kerosene)
- Visual inspection of exterior walls and ceilings, looking for moisture intrusion
- Basement/foundation inspection (sump pump, moisture intrusion, pests, etc.)
- Detailed e-mail with findings, including photos.
- Winterization: drain all pipes, antifreeze where needed and shut down electricity.
- Openings: Reverse the winterization process when returning to Maine
- Full Property Management services, if needed
Who better to confirm the condition of your home than two Certified Home Inspectors, living in Midcoast Maine? Call Matt directly for a quote for exactly what you need. 207-841-7699